Bare wood furniture
- • Dust with a soft or slightly damp cloth.
- • Avoid direct exposure to sunlight and heat.
- • Sudden temperature changes and too low a humidity can cause warping and cracks.
- • Never place a wet or hot container on unprotected furniture, as this may leave marks that are difficult to remove.
Protection & Care
Because protection is essential for the improved conservation of your bare wood furniture, we have selected protective products suitable for each use. We strongly recommend that you protect the surfaces of the most exposed furniture such as bathroom surfaces.
This oil is a non-film-forming and transparent protective product. It penetrates deeply and coats the fibres. It has the essential property of waterproofing wood and protecting it from everyday staining. It is suitable for all types of wood.
A natural finish with a matt, non-film-forming appearance. The colour obtained can vary according to the wood species and wood colours. The product enhances the original colour of the wood, test beforehand in a non-visible area.
It is very difficult to sand an oiled piece of furniture to return to the bare wood. The choice of this finish is, therefore "definitive".
Dust and clean with a suitable soap, but without water. In case of scratches or impact damage, sand locally with medium grit sandpaper, then apply the oil with a brush in two or three thin layers.
Over time, the wood lightens or dries out. Simply clean it without sanding the damaged areas and re-coat with oil.
- • Standard interior use : Oil, for Furniture (Syntilor brand)
- • Intensive indoor use (bathrooms, kitchens, tables etc. : Oil, for Worktops (Syntilor brand)
Varnish forms a thin, transparent film that covers the surface of the wood. It is resistant to impact, abrasion, scratches and stains. It is suitable for all types of wood.
Natural finish with a matt film-forming appearance. The colour obtained can vary according to the wood species and wood colours. The product enhances the original colour of the wood, test beforehand in a non-visible area.
This type of finish does is not suitable for local repairs. If the furniture is damaged, even on a small surface, it is necessary to take the whole piece back to the wood.
Very simple, dusting and then cleaning the furniture with a damp cloth is sufficient. In case of scratches or impact damage, sand and varnish the entire area again. A localised repair may be visible.
Varnish is very durable. When some areas are worn, it is preferable to sand and varnish the entire piece.
- • Standard interior use : Clear Matt Varnish for Furniture and Objects (Luxens brand)
- • Intensive indoor use (bathrooms, kitchens, tables etc.) : Clear Varnish for Kitchen and Bathroom) (Syntilor brand)